Deep Root Fertilizing
Now that you have that tree planted, it’s time to get it off to a great start – change! We offer the injection of a root stimulant product called mycorrhizal fungi. This is found naturally in nature but gets destroyed in the moving of soils and exposure to sun light. We can reintroduce this by injecting a slurry of endo- and ecto-mycorrhizal, which works on the inner and outer part of the roots. The fungi actually attaches to the roots and feeds off them, then in return, it works to benefit the root by breaking down the nutrients in the soil to make them available to the plant. The fungi is more important than fertilizer in the beginning but, we do add some fertilizer in the solid form further away from the hole so it is broken down when the roots get there.
Cost for this service is figured by the caliper of the tree or trees to be injected and the amount of trees to be fertilized.
Skid Steer Work
Light brush and bramble removal, and dirt work (leveling,removing)
Pricing for Services / Products
Tree Transporting / Relocating
Here are ranges of pricing (these are not quotes, just basic guidelines), to give some idea of the costs for our services.
- 65″ spade: $375.00 to the move truck and 1st tree on site. We can move up to a 6.5″ dia. deciduous tree and 7″ dia. evergreen, measured 12″up from the ground. Cost of additional tree moves on site will be determined by quantity to be moved.
- 90″spade: $500.00 to move the truck and 1st tree on site. We can move up to a 12″ dia. deciduous tree and 14″ dia. evergreen, measured 12″ up from the ground. Cost of additional tree moves on site will be determined by quantity to be moved.
The following are all things we suggest to give your trees the best start.
Anchoring of Trees
- 3-way system for 65″ spade: $25.00 per anchor
- 4-way system for 90″ spade: $25.00 per anchor
- 65″ spade: $35.00
- 90″ spade: $50.00
These are suggested as a great insurance policy to be mixed into the top 4″ to 6″ of soil. Suggested for soils that are hard clay base or overly disturbed soils. The granules will help jump start the roots by inoculating them to encourage the growth of beneficial mycorrhizal fungi.
- 65″ spade: $6.00 ea. (4pkts)
- 90″ spade: $6.00 ea. (6pkts.)
We use this in stressful times or when trees need to be moved when in leaf stage. This is priced at $5.00 per oz. Generally treated at 1 oz. per diameter inch.
Live Tree Warranty (from Hollow Log Farms inc.)
We do our best to keep our prices as low as possible, so no warranty is included. If a warranty is something you are interested in, we will add 25% to the cost for a 1 yr. replacement. Spaded trees that are dug and put right back in the ground have very high success rates. The best warranty is good care after planting.